Monday, 25 July 2016

Quick and Easy Chest of Drawers Makeover with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint..

This was an old  pine chest of drawers where the varnish had turned a yellow/orange colour over time. To cheer it back up I gave it a quick and easy makeover with Annie Sloan 'Duck Egg Blue' Chalk Paint.  
It was an old piece of furniture but still in great shape. A few dings and scratches here and there but still very useful so once I painted it with two coats of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint I waxed it with a coat of clear wax, buffed it up and I am quite pleased with how it turned out.  

 It's one of the many older orangey pine pieces we have in our home in Mayo and I love it now all refreshed again in the Duck Egg Blue colour. Amazing how it brightened up the room once I painted just this one piece so I will definitely be painting the rest of the pine pieces.  It kinda helped that it was a sunny day and I was able to take it outside to paint it while being serenaded by the local sheep baahing nicely  to me in the background.  lol ..

 I might have gotten a little bit carried away but I painted the lamp too! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment